On Oct 24, 2008, at 8:36 AM, JimH wrote:
.. I find it so irritating when sites don't tell the rules (and they're all different) until after your first or second attempt violates them!

I'd like to add an appeal for password requirements to appear after a failed logon attempt, not just when changing or entering a new password. Letting users know those requirements may help them remember a forced variation on a password they usually use. Not that I'd ever use the same password on more than one system, of course, but I hear that *some people* do that...!