Hi Jarod,

thank you for your reply. When I talk about Universal Design I mean
something that Wikipedia explains very well as "a broad-spectrum
solution that helps everyone, not just people with disabilities.
Moreover, it recognizes the importance of how things look. For
example, while built up handles are a way to make utensils more
usable for people with gripping limitations, some companies
introduced larger, easy to grip and attractive handles as feature of
mass produced utensils. They appeal to a wide range of consumers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_design

So testing a web service with a blind user is just the first step. We
will then proceed testing the service with users with other kind of
sensory-motor disabilites.

Our stop-point with the blind user was when the user was supposed to
personalize the page.

The fact that in LR blind users are not able to personalize the page
was seen as not essential to the interaction with the page itself. My
question is rather this is true or not.

And, to push it farer, rather we should, as universal designer, draw
an environment that has different starting point than those we have.