One feature that some MIDI keyboards have is aftertouch, i.e. that
while the note is pressed it sends a control message (0-127)
proportional to the pressure with which the key is pressed. This can
then be used to control volume, filter or any other parameter of the
synthesized sound. While monophonic aftertouch (or Channel Presure)
is most common (the average pressure of all keys pressed), some
keyboards support polyphonic aftertouch (each key sends out a
separate pressure value). I think some early synthesizer like the
Ondes Martenot had this feature as well, but I'm not sure.

A standard on MIDI keyboards is to have pitch and modulation controls
to allow for glissandos and vibratos or any other performance
parameter.

Some newer keyboards also have IR beams that allows you to control
the sound by waving your hand in free air.