To Janna's point,
http://well-formed-data.net/experiments/konduit/

Remember - this example is not a corporate product - it's one really
talented grad student that has done some great work in dynamic information
visualization  - but this is not a finished product, but it points to just
some nice additions - for instance,
look closely and you see histograms which show density of results over an
interval within a facet for the content as well as faceted navigation over
the content and dynamic filtering - this would be a really cool discussion
visualization with some ux and ria development resources behind it - his
other examples - like the nobel prize navigator are kewl too.

- w

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:49 AM, Janna Hicks DeVylder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Well, there you go. I guess it wasn't designed with you in mind. :)
> Just made me wonder if we could have some kind of visualization of IxDA
> threads...a visual thesaurus of topics as Will mentioned re: this.
>  Affinity
> of topic, amount of interest/participation of the topic, over a span of
> time... Certainly easier to engage with than simply searching the archives.
>
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Michael Andrews
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> > I find this silly.  What am I supposed to click on?  It is a treasure
> > hunt, which assumes I am interested in other people's spewing of
> > random thoughts to begin with -- which I am not.

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
aim: semanticwill
gtalk: semanticwill
twitter: semanticwill
skype: semanticwill