Both of their books are excellent reading. They're short and to the point, with line staff and QE managers as the target audience, not security professionals.

a...@amroha.dk wrote:
I am watching a discussion with Dr. Herbert Thompson:
"Dr. Herbert Thompson is an internationally renowned expert in application
security testing, research and training. He was Security Innovation’s
second employee, joining Founder Dr. James Whittaker in 2002. Dr. Thompson
earned his PhD in Applied Mathematics from Florida Institute of Technology
and is co-author or editor of 12 books, including “How to Break Software
Security: Effective Techniques for Security Testing.” Dr. Thompson has
authored more than 50 academic and industrial articles on software
security."

He talks about IT firms forgetting security threats/issues when developing
IT products. We as Interaction Designers also stress the importance of
user interaction but do we include abusers too?

Dr. Thompson talks about an airline incident where he was able to hack
into a system due to boredom. He believes that the developers forgot to
see the "abuser" point of view. Do you think that this only concern the
engineers and programmers or can Interaction Designers provide useful help
here? (If they ever think about "abusers")

Ali

J. Eric "jet" Townsend, CMU Master of Tangible Interaction Design '09

design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net;  HF: KG6ZVQ
PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8