Happy New Year!

I'm working for an agency that wants to move into bringing web-based
collaborative tools to our team and clients. While I've come across many
good options for traditional project management and groupware systems, I was
wondering if anyone on the list had a preferred tool that serves as a
repository for uploading/displaying files for client viewing, feedback, and
approval.

Basecamp is one option I've used that enables clients to be involved in the
project management process, but I'm not sure most of our clients have that
level of web-savvy-ness. Two tools I've briefly looked at are ConceptShare
[1] and Protonotes [2], and would welcome feedback if anyone had used these,
but I also wonder if these are simple enough for clients used to print
deliverables.

Building a barebones system or customizing an open-source framework might
become the preferred option. So, I guess I should revise my question not to
focus on tools, but effectiveness of methods when communicating or
presenting asynchronously and remotely with clients. What works well, what
doesn't work, what do you wish you had, what do your clients/stakeholders
love the most?

Thanks,

-Anna

[1] http://www.conceptshare.com/