On 7 Jan 2009, at 00:05, Anna Kalata wrote:
[snip]
Building a barebones system or customizing an open-source framework might become the preferred option. So, I guess I should revise my question not to
focus on tools, but effectiveness of methods when communicating or
presenting asynchronously and remotely with clients. What works well, what doesn't work, what do you wish you had, what do your clients/ stakeholders
love the most?
[snip]

I've used project blogs in the past. Having a central location where everybody could post up mock-ups, visuals, links to early versions, progress reports, etc. seemed to work quite well. Since most blogging tools come with tools that allow you to imbed images, movies, audio, etc. out of the box set up time was pretty small. Client feedback via blog comments.

If I do it again - I'll have the client as an equal-rights poster to the blog too. In hindsight some of their communications when they were talking about how the business worked would have been handled better that way.

Didn't really use it as a presentation tool. We still had occasional face to face meet ups, plus regular teleconference + VNC to run demos/ meetings. However the continual communication via blog posts/comments helped everybody keep on track and make those meeting more effective.

Cheers,

Adrian