On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 5:46 AM, Jake Trimble <jake.trim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just wondering what people thought about the new Microsoft
> Surface. Has anyone had a chance to demo it or play with the SDK?
> Also, any thoughts on how interaction design will be impacted with MS
> Surface technology being used with Windows 7 (due out late 09 early
> 10)? What preemptive measures can we take to deal with the shift in
> how a user interacts (touch screen vs mouse) with applications on
> there desktop pc or laptop?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/SURFACE/index.html
>
> Thanks,
> Jake

Hi Jake,

I love the concept, played with one at WDS last year, ran through a design
exercise for Surface at Shane Morris' (MSFT Ux Evangelist and very clever
guy) workshop at Oz-IA.

Lots of potential, needs more tools in its box to be the total wow factor
fulfillment of the marketing video promise, but they are up and running now.
I would have one as a coffee table in a flash :)

For myself, I've been thinking about how things will change when Surface is
also Pocket Surface, Roll Up Mat Surface, and Wall. Additional functionality
to play with, and piece together into new ways of doing everyday stuff.

Cheers, Andrew

--
---
Andrew Boyd