Dan,
Thanks for you thoughts.  Of course every opinion is welcome.  I agree
that the studio experience is the most beneficial way to learn.
However, I must respectfully disagree that the only way to benefit
from a program is by personally attending. Further, as the sole
support of my family with a wife still recovering from the West Nile
virus, to leave a well paying, relatively secure  job in this economy
to attend a program full time without any sort of viable income is not
just a sacrifice, it's well nigh insane.  Further, I would ask what
about those people overseas wishing to enter the world of IxD.  Remote
learning is perhaps the only option for them.  In my opinion, for
those whose circumstances don't allow them to 'feel free to move about
the country', remote learning, while not the best choice, is still a
choice.

While I respect your opinion, I have to say that I reacted most
strongly to your sweeping characterization that the only way to find
success was the way you did.  Perhaps that's not what you intended.
Regardless, I would invite you to perhaps consider that the
circumstances of others may not be as you perceive them.

With Respect,
Ben Vaughan