From: discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com
[mailto:discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of Maxim
Soloviev
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 1:52 PM
To: IXDA list
Subject: [IxDA Discuss] URL Guidelines

Hi guys,

We work on CMS product and one of the discussions right now is about best
way to use Page Title to compose it's default URL (users can change it
though).

Everyone agrees that using dashes in URLs to separate words is a good thing.
So page with title "Help us fight breast cancer" will get by default URL
"help-us-fight-breast-cancer".

What we are debating about is what to do with short page titles, for example
"Our Team", "About Us" etc.

Should it be
1. "our-team", "about-us" for consistency purposes OR 2. "ourteam",
"aboutus"

We will certainly educate customers that it's better to use "about" in URL
instead of "about-us" (for example) but we want to make sure that defaults
we provide are good enough.

What do you think?

Thank you :)
--