We've actually just removed all custom right-click menus from our
web-based enterprise software, as a result of surveys and usability
tests demonstrating that the majority of our users didn't even know that
the right-click menus existed. We're not talking casual users, either:
nearly all of them are trained and have been using our software for 5+
years.

It's important to note that our software is neither the web-version of a
desktop application, nor did we use right-click menus in enough places
to accustom our users to trying out their right mouse button. If either
of these had been true (or if we expected to introduce a consistent set
of right-click menus throughout the app), the right-click menus might
have made more sense. However, for our users and usage patterns, the
better option was to make these functions visible in the UI.

-Sarah Kampman