Hi Michael,

As a designer I would not put any actions exclusively into contextual
menus accessed through right-clicks in a web app. However, as a user I
can say that I have been finding myself sometimes attempting to
right-click in web apps that I use. As browser-based apps begin to
feel more like desktop apps, I see the line blurring in my own use.

One particular web-based system that I use and am thinking of in this
context is Wufoo. This is a web-based form builder that allows
drag-and drop creation of forms (and more importantly has an
excellent management and processing system for forms). In this
environment I have sometimes attempted to right-click without
thinking about it.

My view may be counter to a lot of the other feedback, but moving
forward, as web apps become more sophisticated and similar to desktop
apps in look and feel, it may be beneficial to add right-click
contextual menus functionality. Although I would always provide more
traditional web-based options as well for the same actions.

Chris

Principal
Stellar Debris
ch...@stellardebris.com