Hi all,

I found a general interest article about why doctoral studies in design are necessary, and would like to share it.
http://www.ijdesign.org/ojs/index.php/IJDesign/article/view/481/223

It seems to me that design practices are reaching a point where definitions are disappearing, and boundaries are becoming blurry. Design itself interacts with many other different disciplines to be accurate and meaningful, but where exactly are we? Do we belong to the social areas? But then you think, wait a minute, I also need engineering here! Some interesting questions are put forward in the document. It'd be interesting to read what people on this list think about them.

Best,

Leonardo