no doubt this will come down to a DTDT, Todd, but people will come forward with examples of how they used a sketch to test something (structure of info, for instance); or labels and call it a prototype whereas we all know you can't test behavior with a sketch - and therein lies the rub. It doesn't really matter, I suppose - but for me, and for you, and for Dave M - the key is behavior. With a paper prototype - with moving parts - you can show, and test - the behavior of an accordion, or a carousel, and many other interactions - but with a sketch, or one of my wireframes - you can't without heavy annotations and explanations but it is still a sketch because the user can't interact with the thing.

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | w...@semanticfoundry.com
http://blog.semanticfoundry.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/semanticwill