...I guess I'm little slow on the draw for this one.

Since I dj on the side, I generally listen to my own mixes:

    http://www.recombinantstudios.com/dj/mixes.html

The mixes are mostly minimal/tech-house, though I do have some retro-ish
mixes with 80's tracks too in the archives (can't get away from my
roots, man! ;)

I also listen to potential tracks to be included in the aforementioned
mixes, or listen to other dj's mixes from which to get ideas &
inspiration (sound familiar?).

The droning really helps with keeping other sounds around me at bay and
helps me focus better. Sometimes when the music runs out I just keep the
headphones on for the iso-chamber effect.

///eks