I agree with Andrei and Dave - we should all broaden our skills, but
just as important, we MUST standardize our terminology!  What's the
difference between (and how do you help an HR director understand the
difference between):

Interface Designer (my first choice)
Interaction Designer
User Experience Designer
Information Architect
Usability Engineer
Human Factors Engineer

How many different names are there for Product Manager?
Admittedly maybe a few for programming:
Software Engineer
Software Programmer

But still...

Our field is misunderstood and undervalued... and obviously from
comments on this list we ourselves are fractured.  Some keep saying
not to get hung up on "names"... "it doesn't matter"... but it
DOES matter.  We have to help educate others on the value and role of
good design.