From: discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com
[mailto:discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of Peter
Merholz
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:48 PM
To: disc...@ixda.org
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] JJG's IA Summit 2009 Keynote

Throughout all of this, what's most disconcerting is that a few people who
represent the early interests of these different communities continue to
operate as the primary voices of leadership, though their perspectives are
not shared by the broader communities they claim to represent (at least, not
in my conversations with folks). Instead, their perspectives are informed by
selfish motivations derived by the sense of identity they receive from their
legacies.

With respect to IxDA and IAI (and it's worth noting, I was president of IAI
for two years, from 2005-2007), the membership has far more in common than
in difference. Feet on the ground, you see the same individuals facilitating
the IDEA 2009 and Interaction10 conferences, and you realize the commentary
of supposed leaders is worth little more than the hot air their issuing
forth.

Thankfully, the membership demonstrates far more sense than the leadership.

--peter