On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:12 AM, dave malouf <dave....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Austin, I love your book, but to compare it to Polar Bear the way you
> did is just wrong. The 1st edition of the book was OK, the 2nd edition
> is great!, but it is not a defining book of IA as a discipline as much
> as it is about IA as practice.

That's kind of my point. The Polar Bear book isn't a "defining" book
either. It's a "things you might need to know how to do when building
a large website" kind of book. More importantly, though, it's not an
intro book. When we raise our young'uns, (very broadly generalizing
here...) they read Don't Make Me Think, Blueprints, or Elements.

Those books defines the IA they practice. (More likely, defines the
blended UXD they practice.)

(Not to mention, the Polar Bear is East Coast IA and Blueprints is
West Coast. Claim yo set!)

--
Austin Govella
User Experience