At my company the requirements gathering, interaction design,
wireframing, prototyping (with iRise), and functional specification
are the responsibility of a Business Systems Analyst.

Graphic design is handled by contractors usually remotely, and
usually after the prototype is signed off by the client. There's not
a lot of collaboration between the graphics folks and the B/SAs.

The project manager is responsible for testing (usually in
conjunction with the B/SA), release planning, and facilitating
communication with the client. After the site/system is released, the
PM acts as a program manager and submits requests for enhancements to
the B/SAs.

Doesn't feel like the ideal process. I'm always curious to hear how
other companies break up the process, especially small companies. Our
entire product development department is about 12 people, including
front and back-end developers and management.