Just some anectodal stuff from me:

You could mean Credit Card Companies would encourage strong passwords, but I
have encountered cases, where I couldn't enter my randomly generated
password, which was 20-32 characters long, as the maximum length was 16 :-)

I think a lot of password strength meters are flawed, as they might rate *
PASSword_1234* better than something like *if1vev7ryuc4mat7i8ov4cha5hia5hodd
*, just because mine wouldn't use a special character and uppercase letters,
so enforcing strict rules like what you stated doesn't necessarily ensure
strong passwords.

Have a good weekend!

--
avertas gmbh - user experience consultant

Ich helfe Ihnen Ihnen:
- Ihre Software/Website benutzerfreundlich zu gestalten
- Ihren Kunden ein "Wow" zu entlocken

mobile +41 79 746 48 59