If it were indeed a site map, then I would suggest linking to it from
a top-level navigation area. There are more users familiar with a
typical site map link than with scrolling to the bottom of the screen
to find it there.

If it is not just a site map (perhaps containing additional material
in the context of the main page), then it can still be linked to from
the main page (for instance "click here for a list of resources"
etc).

However, I feel that loading this kind of material every time a page
is loaded may be excessive and cost in performance.