Hi Maria,

I think the biggest danger in losing job postings is in edge cases. If
my company posts a job, and I'm simply trying to let my fellow
interaction wonks know about it, there's no chance at all I would bother
considering that posting fee. I think you'd find almost unanimous
agreement with that sentiment.

For recruiters and companies looking for IxDers, it makes total sense,
but can we work out some system by which members can forward jobs from
their parent companies without having to pay a fee? After all, that's
almost like a community service, expsoing our fellow IxDers job
opportunities in a recession economy is one of the core benefits of
having an association like this.

Unless your model would also permit users to post jobs in the forums
without penalty, it might result in a net loss of postings.

I don't have a strong opinion on this, I'm just using my self as a
generic persona example. If I found out that there was a job at my
company, but my company was unwilling to pay a posting fee, what could I
do with that information? If I could still post it to the forums, well,
no problem, but if I would have to pay a fee, I would not bother.

Just some thoughts.

Sincerely,
Damon Dimmick
SitePen Inc.