On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:06 AM, Maria De Monte <mtdemo...@yahoo.it> wrote:

> 1)
> Would you pay a fee to post a job at IxDA.org using Coroflot’s service,
> knowing that half of the fee you’ll be paying would go to fund IxDA
> activities?

For a really high-end top-tier position, where you want to attract talent of
highest experience and caliber, perhaps this makes sense. But for
internships, mid-level, new hires, developers, people around the fringe of
UX, I wonder if these jobs would get posted. I'd expect we'd see fewer
opportunities than we currently do on this list.

> 3) How valuable would the portfolio service be to you?

I have a Coroflot portfolio already via the AIGA and I've received many
inquiries from it, from people I didn't know about before, who were
contacting me about interesting opportunities. I know that some people on
this list are unenthusiastic about portfolios for a variety of reasons, but
recruiters do search on Coroflot for designers. If you're not there, they're
not finding you.

> 4) Should a Coroflot-hosted Job Board at IxDA.org display available jobs in
> categories OUTSIDE
> of Interaction Design? The other specialities they presently handle
> include fields such as Architecture; Art Direction; Design Management;
> Industrial Design; and Motion Graphics.

I'd like just one Coroflot portfolio to maintain please, for both AIGA and
IxDA. But I'm in that fuzzy area between UX, development, and visual design
so maybe I'm an outlier.

Michael Micheletti

--
Michael Micheletti