On Jun 7, 2009, at 8:27 PM, Steve Baty wrote:

Isn't it OK for a definition to put forward a view of the 'ideal state' rather than attempt to capture all the messy gradations from non-existent to awesome? We could all grow old before we agree on how best to articulate the distinction between plain vanilla and ideal.

Sure.

But I think the problem you're facing is that you're trying to answer two different questions:

What is an experience strategy?

is different from

What makes an ideal experience strategy?

In the latter, we don't have to explain that a strategy is actions because we know that's what a strategy is. And then we can talk about what the ideal actions are, which may be different based on the context, such as commercial or non-commercial.

If you try and answer both in a single definition, you get trouble, I think.

Jared