Perhaps Mark Mothersbaugh of DEVO said it best:
"Freedom of choice is what you got...freed from choice is what you want."

As the world wide web continues to grow and mature at an exponential pace, the
experiential quality of online information searching fails to keep pace because
our content strategies focus too much on inclusion and reach, not enough on
context.  Read more about it in my latest blog post, and be sure to leave a
comment with your thoughts and impressions.

http://oxbyd.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/a-world-without-borders/

Dante