On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Sam Menter <s...@pixelthread.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the direction of a useable design pattern for
> an on / off toggle switch to be used online ie using JS / html / css
> rather than flash?

----

Well, you could look at the Toggle Switch on the iPhone.  You could emulate
it by just switching out an on/off image or CSS sprite.  Won't be as smooth
as the iPhone, but it's still a really obvious/familiar way to display a
toggle (looking like a switch), and if you made it look like the iPhone one,
that'd at least get you to 2006, instead of 1999. :-)

-a