This video on You Tube discusses the HTC Hero interface (compared to
the iPhone). It shows how the HTC is more focused on interactions
with other people you "know", which could be useful. But not
everybody has the problem of overseeing numerous social networks. It
all looked to complicated for my taste. And the fact that "it is a
blank slate" that can be configured any way I want is not a feature
to me or a lot of other "non-geeks".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5F0Ruzwos8