There are multiple schools of thought when it comes to stretching.
Some research has suggested that stretching may increase the
likelihood of muscle injury.  In many cases what helps is a good warm
up.  I'm not too familiar with the Wii Fit, but does it have users
engage in a warm-up and cool-down routine?

This topic reminds me of a discussion I had with my uncle who works
as a physical therapist.  He sees a lot of people with carpal tunnel
syndrome and other repetitive motion injuries.  He was telling me
would really like software to remind people to do some wrist
exercises every so often.