I have actually used Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, iRise
and Axure for wireframing.

There are pros and cons to each of them, but I did like using
Fireworks better than most. Though you don't have a library of
stencils to choose from, I usually created a set of objects and just
pasted and adjusted then on the layers I needed. As you can guess,
once you create a set, you really don't have to recreate them.

Then if you're having to show interaction and flow, you can just
dummy the pages up with hot spots and throw it into Dreamweaver for a
fast click-through.

Good luck!