You're right, Steve, and I agree.

I didn't mean to imply that a statistically accurate study is less effective, or less rigorous. I ran such a survey for one company, and we were very rigorous in ensuring our sampling was randomly distributed, and had a lot of help from some brilliant statisticians to ensure we picked the right people. We didn't learn much more than we did from the first 30-odd participants. However, the weight of the results meant much more to our executives, because the stats seemed much more thorough to their thinking. I'd say I actually felt more confident, knowing we had gone the extra mile.

Sorry about the slip. Just meant to say you can get pretty good results with a small sampling, which is often as much as you need, and as much as you have resources to test =]

Cheers =]

Bryan Minihan