Single-page checkout generally results in lower conversion:
http://econsultancy.com/blog/3095-gap-com-s-single-checkout-not-a-good-idea-report

http://www.getelastic.com/ecommerce-checkout-report/number-pages-ecommerce-checkout-process/

I think the real question is whether the customer wants visitors to
evaluate the entire form at once or just prevent a page refresh. The
latter issue can be addressed with AJAX and was used by Scott
Thomas' team to build an online voter registration system (extensive
multi-stage funnel).

On the reporting front, I'd look to event tracking. It can be
tedious to implement but the resulting data is more granular than
basic analytics. A/B testing is a fantastic idea but it could also
confuse returning customers the remember their past site experience.