Recently I was on an e-commerce strategy project. I received a
usability test report that the previous agency had produced after
testing their own design work. I went back to the source tapes and
there seemed to be a dramatic difference between the level of
problems users were having in the sessions, and the resulting report.

I know it's convenient for e-commerce site owners to get an
integrated package, esp. when large MSA's are in place. And trying
to keep ahead of Agile cycles puts strain on the schedule and number
of partners. But I'm just wondering if readers of this list feel
like there is an inherent conflict of interest, or if testing is
viewed as a normal component of a design partner relationship.

Paul Bryan
Usography (http://www.usography.com)
Blog: Virtual Floorspace (http://www.virtualfloorspace.com)
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/uxexperts