My general advice is to make it short and relevant as pointed out by
others here. Go through the questions and ask your self, what will
you use the results of this question, and remove all nice-to-know
questions. You do not say what the purpose is, but I guess it is to
improve the site. In general make sure all questions are relevant for
the participants and for your purpose. If you want to repeat the
survey after the changes, you should include questions that target
the purpose of the redesign.

In general, I would include an overall satisfaction question E.g.
"How satisfied are you with the site overall?" and then go into
details.

Group questions according to theme and end it with an open ended
question to let the participants comment or give you suggestions.

Here is a short checklist that could be helpful:
http://www.questback.com/outside/check_list_before_sending_out_your_survey.html

Regards

Runar Normark
Logica UX Norway