I'm hoping to find out if anyone else on the list has done this.

We're currently in the middle of a persona development project. One
of the leaders of the project has expressed a desire to validate the
personas. In other words, conduct a survey of our user base to find
out whether the characteristics illustrated in the personas match our
actual users.

The personas were developed based on field research with about two
dozen customers. I think the goal is to survey a much larger
proportion of our users to make sure the team got it right.

Has anyone surveyed your customers to validate personas? Do you have
any advice on doing so that you'd be willing to share?

Thanks,

Angela Colter
Comcast Interactive Media