Could you rephrase question 1, because it sounds as if you are saying that you make the personas up first and then recruit people to match the personas, instead of using the data from the user interviews/ contextual inquiry/user testing/journaling/surveys to then drive the creation of the personas.

thx

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | Director, Experience Design
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | w...@semanticfoundry.com
http://blog.semanticfoundry.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/semanticwill
aim: semanticwill