I came across this free paper from Jan 13:

Forrester Topic Overview: Information Architecture
http://bit.ly/64LlHl

Forrester begins to include the UX-related definition of Information Architecture in their own definition, and published this paper as an overview of the IA topic. Very typical for the situation I as consultant often face in the enterprise context is this statement from a client on page 2:

“How do I settle the long-standing dispute between Web site designers and data/information modelers, where Web site designers declare that IA is their purview and is defined as the structure of our organization’s Web site as opposed to what IA really is, which is the structure of information across the enterprise? IA has been hijacked by the Web weenies.” (Enterprise architect, financial services firm)

Obviously they don't yet see the EIA developments, since they define UX only on a application level. However the question remains: how to connect the two worlds of IA? And: do we need "Enterprise Interaction Design" to further confuse the world? :-)

Milan