Hello Folks,

I am in an interesting situation with regards to table interaction. I
have some data that is presented in table format. The table has
Search, Sort on some columns, Number of results per page drop down
and Pagination. We do not have "Show All" rows as it takes a long
time for the page to load. We also have "Delete" functionality.

My Specific question is:

The question is if a user selects few rows on page 1 for deletion and
moves from page 1 to page 2 and subsequently page 3, should a user be
allowed to "delete" the rows selected on page 1 while they are in
page 3.
While a user has moved from Page 1 to Page 2 to 3 and so on, chances
are they selected few more rows on different pages and marked for
deletion.
Is it okay to allow them to delete rows selected across different
pages as they don't see what they have selected in previous pages?
Personally I am not comfortable allowing users to delete what they
cant see even though they marked it themselves as they can't see a
summary of selected items with the existing design. I would love to
get your thoughts!

P:S: We currently retain the selection across different pages and a
user can go back and forth between pages and can check or uncheck
their selection. We erase the selection after a user moves to
different application or the session times out.