To follow on Dave Malouf's point:

As someone who's working with many different clients who in turn
have many different perspectives on what's a "valuable" use of my
time, I feel your pain. We're always looking for ways to preserve
the integrity of our process while showing our clients concepts that
they can get their heads around.

We ask our clients upfront about their openness to reviewing and
commenting on hand-drawn sketches; some are thrilled, some are
nervous, some are just not buying it. And it's not always worth it
to "convert" a client to wholehearted adoption of hand-drawn
sketches if it makes them uncomfortable. So in those cases, we
quickly transfer our sketches into low-fidelity thumbnails (6 or 8 to
a page) in a Visio doc, which we describe as 'concept sketches'
instead of 'wireframes'.

So we still sketch by hand, the client still gets something that
looks slightly more finished but is ultimately still disposable. And
everybody's happy.