Company Overview
If you are interested in working with extraordinary people in one of the
fastest growing e-commerce categories, join The Hotwire Group, which includes
Hotwire.com, Travel-Ticker.com, and CarRentals.com. As a travel provider
laser-focused on low prices, our business has not been impacted negatively by
the current recession - in fact, we are growing faster than ever. At The
Hotwire Group, we mix creativity, analytics, and a casual (albeit driven)
environment in order to get new products and services to market quickly. We are
passionate, we are fun, and we are even conveniently located! At 655 Montgomery
in San Francisco, just across from the Transamerica Pyramid, we are just a
short walk from BART, MUNI, and the Ferry Building. The Hotwire Group is a
wholly owned subsidiary of Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE). For more information,
visit http://www.hotwire.com.

Position Overview:
Hotwire.com is looking for a full-time senior interaction designer for
Hotwire's User Experience team. The UX team at Hotwire creates user experience
solutions for Hotwire.com (our flagship), Travel-ticker.com, CarRentals.com as
well as numerous extranets, deals management tools and customer care admin
sites.
The User Experience team resides within Hotwire's Product team. As a result,
you will have early influence into projects and will work collaboratively with
product managers and customer care to develop experiences that meet business
objectives and the needs of the consumer.
The right candidate should be able to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly
against them in a highly collaborative environment. Additionally, we are
looking for someone to design interfaces that are engaging, follow usability
best practices and reinforce Hotwire's visual brand.
Responsibilities:
* Understand and advocate for the needs of online travel customers,
particularly the Hotwire customer
* Translate new project concepts into a coherent and engaging design that meets
the user and business needs
* Communicate interface design elements through the organization
* Ensure that the product is delivered on time and with a consistent,
user-driven design.
* Working closely with product managers and a product development team to
define product direction and UX requirements
* Create and revise information architecture and interaction design documents,
including: Conceptual IA documentation, site maps, concept diagrams, user
personas or profiles, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, site inventory,
template guidelines
* Facilitate usability research for new and existing projects, and accommodate
findings into your designs
* Leverage Hotwire's business model and data into user experience solutions
Qualifications:
* 4-6 years experience designing consumer oriented web-based interfaces
* Strong communication skills are essential
* Knowledge of user-centered design principles, web design best practices and
web standards
* Understanding of complex e-commerce businesses, preferably with travel
industry experience
* Demonstrated ability to define and lead strategic and complex transactional
interfaces
* Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against
them in a highly collaborative environment
* Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines
* Knowledge of Visio or Omnigraffle
* BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree preferred
* A portfolio is required.

Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for
qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation,
performance bonus, and the chance to work with talented people in a winning,
successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including
401(k) with an employer match, medical, dental and life insurance, vacation,
sick time, and much more

Apply here:
http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_expedia/external/gateway.do?functionName=applyFromLink&source=ixda&jobPostID=38039&locale=en-us&sourceType=
 PREMIUM_POST_SITE