Somwhere in the fuzziness of my brain I recall a workshop with (I think)
Chris Nodder from NN/g, in which he claimed that Play and Stop are the only
two globally-recognised symbols, with Pause largely known but not universal.
Other symbols (Forward, Reverse etc) are not widely recognised.

Don't quote me though.

Cennydd