Welcome to the February meetup for IxDA Helsinki this Thursday!

The event will be hosted (and beers&snacks provided) by Hammerkit at their
offices in Technopolis at Ruoholahti, Hiilikatu 3.

Agenda is as follows;
- bookclub discussion on Emotional Design by Don Norman
- a design case presented: Hammerkit Studio by Hammerkit
- a design case presented: Linja Zax 2.0 by Linja Design

We hope to turn the case presentations more into a discussion than one-sided
presentation, so feel free to voice your opinions and ideas on the cases
presented.

Directions:
- The map: http://tinyurl.com/ydls4ke
- From the city centre, eithert take the subway to Ruoholahti or tram n:o 8 at
the end stop Salmisaari

Apart from the usual mingling and free-form discussions there will also be a
book club gathering. As voted by YOU on www.ixda.fi in December, the book in
question will be "Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things" by
Donald Norman.

So go get the book, read it and join in on the discussion on the book's themes.
We'll try to keep the discussions more on the themes of the book than the book
itself, so everybody can join in regardless if they've read the book or not. To
participate the discussion, please bring with you one everyday thing that you
either love or hate (or bring a photo instead, if hauling the item itself is
impractical).

The discussion will revolve around these items that evoke our emotions, so you
can join in easily even if you haven't read Norman's book. And there will also
be a brief introduction to the main themes of the book.

See you on this Thursday!!

Join in at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=410814025410

br,
Sami, Miemo & IxDA Helsinki