On 19/09/2022 20:55, dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org wrote:
ONAP/ODL Integration Sync

Team,

At tomorrow's meeting, I'd like to discuss ODL integration with the ONAP London release in 1Q23. This will be similar to what we did for the ONAP Kohn release, which successfully enabled a smooth integration effort by Dan T and his tea
I am sorry but I could not join due to personal circumstances.

You may find the schedule proposal for the London release here: https://wiki.onap.org/x/fwDiC <https://wiki.onap.org/x/fwDiC>. Note that this proposal has not yet been reviewed or approved by the ONAP TSC.

Quoteth:

M0: Oct 10th, 2022: Kick Off
M1: Dec 1st, 2022: GlobalReq Approved
M2: Jan 19th, 2022: Spec Freeze

ODL does not have an Argon plan up (sorry, formals are quite lacking in the past few weeks). The dates look something line the following: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/102518/1/docs/release-process/release-schedule.rst, subject to ODL TSC approval (yeah, we are behing, but the dates will not move significantly).

We certainly are aiming to have 2022.09 Chlorine out before London M1 -- which means all projects interesting for ONAP released except the ONAP-specific distribution.

Furthermore, a mid-release review of ODL is expected to be available by Londong M2, providing a natural go/no-go ONAP decision to adopt either one of:
1) 2023.09 Argon
2) 2022.09 Chlorine SR1
3) 2022.03 Sulfur SR3 (with option for late-coming SR4 by London M4)

Note that:
- 3) means signing off ONAP London with a no-longer-supported version of OpenDaylight
- 2) means about 4 months of support after  London Sign-off date
- 1) means just under 10 months of the same.

As for the delta between 1) and 2), I expect it to be minor, but we will not really know for sure before Oct 10th.

I think this is dominated by Sulfur->Chlorine migration on ONAP side (incl. bierman02 woes).

Regards,
Robert