Hello everyone,

As 2023.03 Argon is nearing its release, we are also nearing the End of Life date for 2022.03 Sulfur: as per the community support rules, as soon as Argon is out, Sulfur is no longer supported.

Sulfur is an important milestone, as it is our JDK transition release, which supports both Java 11 and Java 17. Its nominal End of Life date is March 16th, 2023, which is tomorrow (depending on your timezone and when you are reading this).

There have not been any security issues which would warrant a Simultaneous Release since December 5th, 2022 (the regularly scheduled release of Sulfur SR3) and as such, we will not be making a Sulfur SR4.

With these facts on the table, OpenDaylight kernel projects will each be making a last Sulfur-train release as a courtesy to downstreams interested enough to pick these up simply because there is a significant number of important backported bug fixes.

This process is already underway, with the previously-announced release of odlparent-10.0.6 and will be concluded with the release of bgpcep-0.17.9 (or transportpce-5.x.x if the TPCE team chooses to follow suit). It notably excludes Managed Snapshot Integrated projects, like openflowplugin, daexim, jsonrpc, ovsdb and others.

The releases provided through this effort are quite incompatible with Sulfur SR3 (through adoption of karaf-4.3.9 at the very least) and are the last releases we will issue for the 2022.03 release train. Anyone adopting them needs to be cognizant of the fact we will not be issuing any releases to fix anything that might go wrong with them -- they are a courtesy after all.

This corpus also is the last we expect to support Java 11. All subsequent releases are expected to come from 2022.09 Chlorine or later, which in turn requires Java 17 or later.

If you are in a position where you require more than the regular community-promised support, PANTHEON.tech has got you covered, as we have a number of flexible support solutions, currently stretching as far back as 2018.03 Oxygen. Please contact sa...@pantheon.tech for more information on available options.

Regards,
Robert