Hi Ivan,

Here are my thoughts on this topic:

- I agree opendaylight is better name than karaf for the opendaylight karaf
distribution artifact.
- So far the karaf artifact = managed distribution generated by autorelease
project vs the opendaylight artifact = self managed distribution manually
generated when TPCE released.
- Going forward there is no point to maintain separated self managed
distribution so this is why we reverted to use karaf artifact.
- The idea of simply renaming the karaf artifact to opendaylight seems straight
forward except for the fact that the system test framework (JJB + robot) uses
karaf artifact by default.

So in order to have opendaylight named distribution, I would do one of these:

1) Simply rename the karaf artifact as you say but make sure CSIT is ready for
the new name. I believe there is some framework to use opendaylight vs karaf in
CSIT but it needs to be tested:

see (karaf-version: odl) in this example:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=releng/builder.git;a=blob;f=jjb/integration/integration-test-jobs.yaml#l96

<https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=releng/builder.git;a=blob;f=jjb/integration/integration-test-jobs.yaml#l96>

2) If the above does not work or it is hard to change CSIT to use opendaylight
name, I would keep karaf artifact for system test and I would generate extra
opendaylight artifact in AR by simply moving the opendaylight module to the
managed profile here:

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=integration/distribution.git;a=blob;f=pom.xml#l59

<https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=integration/distribution.git;a=blob;f=pom.xml#l59>

Also in either case, if you want AR to produce the opendaylight distribution,
you have to use original version schema: 0.X.Y vs X.Y.0 because AR only deals
with the first AFAIR.

Let me know if you have questions.

BR/Luis