Hello Robert and All,

  1.  I recently started joining ODL Linux Networking Community along with my
colleagues @Saravanan Shanmuga Sundaram<mailto:saravanan_...@infosys.com> and
@Rohini Ambika<mailto:rohini.amb...@infosys.com> .
  2.  We have experience in Java and SDN Technologies and we are interested in
contributing to ODL in high availability/clustering area.
  3.  In this regard I have pulled  JIRA issues related to clustering. Some of
these tickets are bit older  I would like to get your opinion/review on these
tickets so that I can start working on them.
  4.  Meanwhile we have setup a local ODL environment with 3 node cluster with
Chlorine SR1. My plan is to validate the older defects if they still exists in
the latest release.
  5.  Please let us know if you have any recommended tickets that can be picked
up under the clustering area for the upcoming release.

Issue key
Summary
CONTROLLER-2076
Two-Node Cluster Fails to Install Snapshot on Clean Follower Node
CONTROLLER-2054
Remove ask-based protocol
CONTROLLER-2049
Adopt Scala 3.2.0+
CONTROLLER-2043
Circuit breaker timeout with BGP and tell-based protocol
CONTROLLER-2026
Circuit breaker timeout
CONTROLLER-2020
Enable testSnapshotOnRootOverwrite() with ClientBackedDataStore
CONTROLLER-2016
Enable testCloseTransactionMetadataLeak() with DistributedDatastore
CONTROLLER-1987
Mark actors interfacting with NormalizedNode structures
CONTROLLER-1966
Expose MXBean naming to downstreams
CONTROLLER-1964
Factor out sal-distributed-datastore JMX API
CONTROLLER-1911
Consider using java.lang.ref.Cleaner for transactions and
FileBackedOutputStreams
CONTROLLER-1880
Include conflicting term informantion in AppendEntriesReply
CONTROLLER-1840
check if python script fails in tell based
CONTROLLER-1797
Migrate to AbstractActor
CONTROLLER-1768
SyncStatus stays false for more than 5minutes after bringing 2 of 3 nodes down
and back up.
CONTROLLER-1766
The RaftState of one cluster node changed to 'IsolatedLeader' after a large
number of Virtual NWs were created.
CONTROLLER-1753
AskTimeoutException in dsbenchmark nitrogen -all- job
CONTROLLER-1739
Dsbenchmark: Conflicting modification for test-status on install
CONTROLLER-1738
RequestTimeoutException due to "Shard has no current leader" after
shutdown-shard-replica with ShardLeaderStateChanged not delivered
CONTROLLER-1710
Add shard shutdown functionality to odl-mdsal-lowlevel-control model
CONTROLLER-1703
Tweak Akka and Java timeouts to a reasonable compromise between stability and
failure detection
CONTROLLER-1675
Leadership transfer failed: Follower is not ready to become leader
CONTROLLER-1671
Rework transaction cohorts to better support immediate completion
CONTROLLER-1667
Failure in singleton isolation longevity test
CONTROLLER-1645
shard moved during 1M bgp prefix advertizing (with tell-based=true)
CONTROLLER-1632
IOException in initiateCaptureSnapshot
CONTROLLER-1582
We should have a common event/message delivery configuration
CONTROLLER-1581
Clustering: Maintain a script to generate default akka configuration for
multinode CSIT tests.
CONTROLLER-1573
DOMDataTreeCommitCohortRegistry is unaccessible for applications
CONTROLLER-1545
Boron RC3.1 Autorelease Build Test Failure:
PartitionedCandidateOnStartupElectionScenarioTest
CONTROLLER-1534
Introduce 'dormant' Shard follower state
CONTROLLER-1519
CDS: differentiate between messaging and persistence versions
CONTROLLER-1511
CDS: persist SchemaContext
CONTROLLER-1510
Convert messages to hold explicit sender references
CONTROLLER-1506
CDS: refactor Shard to use behaviors
CONTROLLER-1063
Clustering : Add support to allow reads from followers
CONTROLLER-917
Clustering : Implement a remote Notification Broker
CONTROLLER-914
Clustering : Implement a mechanism to balance datastore load in a cluster

Thank you,
Roshni