Hi Jachym and all,

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
the idea is nice, however, the organization never makes the packages -
the people always do.

Very true.

imho, unless you do not want Ubuntu to became *the* osgeo distribution,
you must not ignore other distributions.

True, one must not ignore other distributions. our group hopes to
continue whatever little that we can do on the Mandriva distribution.

why should e.g. frankie (the grass debian package maintainer - many
thanks!) work under osgeo head,

Why not? my sincere thanks to Frankie too.

if he did so till now as official Debian
maintainer? I can not of course speak for him.

Can't speak for him either.

well, just few thoughts of mine

Regards

Venka