Indeed I talked to LISAsoft a couple years ago about adding OpenLS to GeoTools; we got stuck on GeoAPI interfaces as I remember. Cameron if LISAsoft is still interested we have reduced the amount of effort required to take part in GeoTools with a policy change introducing "unsupported" modules.

With respect to sponsoring packaging costs, for inclusion as a supported module, the library asks for documentation, (c) assignment to osgeo, a set level of test case coverage and so on.

Jody