On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_...@wildintellect.com> wrote:

> The size in general is not an issue. You're right that sticking that
> much in svn is usually a pain, but not if it's one time deal. This is a
> good question for the System Admin Committee to ponder though. I think
> most people would want a static clone of the site in some way to
> continue to exist, and we do have servers we can put that on.
>
> So under this plan you would put it in svn, and we would checkout the
> subfolder to a web server and serve up the static copy.

 That's great, because I think the ..................s that SVN is
printing out right now are nearly finished...

 I didn't realise there already was an SVN for the conference, or even
that I had write access to it.

Once SVN stops spitting dots at me you should see it here:

http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2013/website/

and apart from not displaying index.html files on directories I reckon
it should be almost usable from that URL. Of course it will be happier
when stuck on an apache box with its domain name....

thanks

Barry