Hi Barend,

a valid question indeed, and I second that OSGeo is the authoritative place for the "FOSS4G" branding. This is why I had phrased it that way, clearly accepting that we are acting by mandate of OSGeo, and not on our own. We are mere facilitators.

As per quality control, we are in continuous contact with the OSGeo Board, and it is involved in all decisions and progress. Our planning is visible (not only) to them. Of course I understand that such a high level of involvement may be quite some burden if implemented on all FOSS4G-*, that might raise an issue indeed.

So, bottom line: a nice opportunity to discuss and establish a common policy. We'll be glad to bring in our humble experience, together with all the other FOSS4G-* organizers now and in the past.

cheers,
Peter