Professor Cannata,

> Your answer clarifies that OSGeo has not paid for being listed as sponsor.
>
> This doesn't change my idea that OSGeo shouldn't be listed as a sponsor an
> thus
>
> I renew my request to the board for removing OSGeo from that list and from
> any material listing OSGeo together (at the same level and/or same list of
> sponsors).
>
> That's because the marketing message it brings is clearly undesired and not
> respectful of the true.

I'm not a charter member or associated with the FOSS4G organisers, but having
attended a FOSS4G event and having been part of a volunteer conference
organisation, I respectfully ask that you reconsider. This is a very late
change to a lot of conference materials, and at a particularly bad time for
the organisers.

In software terms, I'm not suggesting that your proposal isn't a valid change,
just that it is too late in the release cycle.

If nothing else, consider the environmental impact of all that stuff being
junked.

Brad